Password expiration in Solaris

From: Paul Greene (techlists_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/26/03

    Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:30:38 -0400
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

    There appears to be two different ways to apply password expiration in
    Solaris; one is the parameters set in /etc/shadow (through admintool or
    command line), and the other is the password parameters set in
     /etc/default/passwd.

    Which one takes precedence if both are configured?

    PG

    • Re: Stop Password Expiration vía command-line
      ... How can a batch set a user's UserAccountControl attribute for ... What's the command / option / flag to stop password expiration when we ...
    • Re: RE: Net user add & password expiration
      ... In the second command I obtain that the option /pwnexp does not exist? ... "Jerold Schulman" wrote: ... to add a user locally with the password expiration to never and no possiblity ... This command works on windows 2000 and NT but not on windows 2003. ...
    • Password expiration dates
      ... I use the passwd -sa command to get a list of the accounts, ... they have a password set or are locked, ... Sometimes when I execute this command, ... have to change their password at next logon (if password expiration is ...
      (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
    • Re: Account expiration and creation dates
      ... I will assume password expiration. ... ADFIND can get the info but instead of giving you when the account will expire it will give you when the password was set ... I have found several command line utilities; dsget and the tools at joeware.net that can provide the expiration date but only for a specific user if given. ... Maybe I missed something with these tools or didn’t properly use them – if this is the case if someone could let me know what the proper syntax would be that would be great. ...
    • Re: Password expiration in Solaris
      ... > Subject: Password expiration in Solaris ... > command line), and the other is the password parameters set in ... When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as ...
      (Focus-SUN)