Package Log for Solaris

From: Small, Jim (jim.small_at_eds.com)
Date: 06/17/03

    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:49:56 -0400

    Is there any logging facility for the Solaris package system
    (pkgadd/pkgrm/etc...)? Something similar to HP-UX's swagent log would be
    great. I know about the files/directories under /var/sadm
    [install/contents, pkg/*, patch/*] but I'm looking for a log file that would
    say who ran what package command when and what the impact to the system was.

    I also know about BSM and while you can log every exec* call along with args
    and environment, this is also not what I want. I'm hoping there is
    something else or something im-between.

    I have to come up with something for an audit very soon. Any ideas or

    Thanks,
       <> Jim