Re: .exrc file security risks

From: Benjamin A. Okopnik (ben_at_callahans.org)
Date: 05/01/03

    Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:23:48 -0400
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

    On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:04:12PM -0400, Ben Okopnik wrote:

    > The autoloading of the per-directory .exrc files (and shell escape/write
    > commands in them) can be disabled by invoking the "secure" command in
    > "/etc/exrc".

    Whoops, my mistake - forget "/etc/exrc", no such thing under Solaris. :)
    System-wide "vi" stuff usually gets set via EXINIT in "/etc/profile".

    Ben Okopnik
    "We have enough religion to hate each other, but not enough to
    love each other."
     -- Jonathan Swift

    • Re: Taliban vs. evolution
      ... It is biblical for them to hate you if you are a Christian. ... Frank Schaeffer is an outspoken critic of the politicized Christian ... None of these talking points would be novel on the left, but Schaeffer ... Like Religion -- discussed his concerns about the ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: Silencing the false propaganda of Irshad Manji
      ... That is from where the "hate" emanates. ... Complain all you want about Muslims in infidel countries progressing away ... Us learning more about your religion is not the answer. ... Irshad Manji represents a rare and TRULY peaceful form of Islam. ...
      (soc.culture.canada)
    • Re: Building permit
      ... anti-black, anti-Muslim, racist, et cetera. ... The majority of violent hate crimes such as the Kansas City attacks are ... I'm not a fan of organized religion, ... One of the few people that I have fired in my career was based upon demonstrated overt racism. ...
      (rec.boats)
    • Re: American rich brats.
      ... We are arrogant.. ... hate when anyone brings it up. ... Blame it on religion instead of the individual. ... And what we have learned is that a good deal of our history if damned ...
      (alt.guitar.beginner)
    • Re: Islaam
      ... There aren't many people I hate at the moment but I think one would ... each person has his own individual life experience and beliefs and ... The vast majority of people want to live a peaceful life, ... really just want a quiet life, and if joining a party or religion ...
      (uk.legal)