Re: New release of Solaris secuirity module Papillon

From: Dave Aitel (dave@immunitysec.com)
Date: 04/22/03

    Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:36:47 -0400
    From: Dave Aitel <dave@immunitysec.com>
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

    Good work, once again. In fact, there are probably many really cool
    projects that could benefit from being built on your work - for example,
    a kernel rootkit detection tool...

    It didn't really detect my 0day local root - or not in a way that it can
    distinguish between it, and lots of valid popen()s and execves() and
    other normal activity. You should only warn if the current %PC is on a
    non .text page, maybe?

    -dave

    On 20 Apr 2003 15:26:29 +0200
    Konrad Rieck <kr@roqe.org> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am sending this mail again to the "Focus Sun" list, because it
    > returned after one week pending without being accepted or rejected
    > and I feel that it actually fits the focus of this mailing list.
    >
    > With this mail I'd like to announce a new release of my open source
    > Solaris security module named Papillon. Source and binary packages are
    > available at
    >
    > http://www.roqe.org/papillon

    • RE: [SLE] Monitoring servers for problems
      ... > events such as disk space usage, I/O rates, cpu utilization etc. ... Nagios 1.2 is included with the SuSE distro. ... though I haven't built it into an RPM. ... Open Source, not OS or hardware dependent, and has a very, very active ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Ruby Editor
      ... I guess the point is that Google probably *could* be an open source ... business is built around closed source search algorithms. ... undergrad with a computer science *and* computational linear algebra ...
      (comp.lang.ruby)
    • Re: "Whos Using Ada" - April 2008 edition
      ... Do you think I should list it under "desktop applictions"? ... and in this page we give information about the project and at the bottom we clearly say that it is built in Ada and using AWS and Gwiad. ... This Web site was closed and all the sources disappear as not Open Source. ...
      (comp.lang.ada)
    • Re: PCB Software
      ... We have built several boards already with an open source EDA tool ... the same - human error - but the ability to locate and correct them was ...
      (sci.electronics.cad)