Re: Solaris 9 sftp-server

From: dav (dav@r00tworld.com)
Date: 04/11/03

    Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:12:42 +0100
    From: dav <dav@r00tworld.com>
    To: BAUMLER Julie L <julie.x.baumler@co.multnomah.or.us>

    [...]
    > julie. >We're using Sun's ssh sftp server on Solaris 9 for some (internal) customer
    > julie. >file tranfers. But, we don't want to allow these people to login or run
    > julie. >commands with ssh. The usual methods to restrict login (/bin/false, "exit"
    > julie. >in shell profile files, ...) block both or don't work. We need to be able
    > julie. >to track file reads and writes, so we need the BSM support of the Solaris
    > julie. >version of ssh. Has anyone else run across this?

            Maybe anothers ways could be :

    - Try to use PAM and check if PAM can help you,
    - Use restricted shell (rbash).

    dav.

    --

    [*]
    $ uname -a

    • Re: Yo Pam and Rob....PingPingPingPing
      ... Julie. ...  They have not only made my list of favorite cat friends, ... I agree Pam. ... Julie and Rusty when they visited Sydney. ...
      (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
    • Re: Baby Ian today
      ... members from 4 years ago: ... Get with Julie and she'll probably remember ... Pam S. happy dancing for us all ...
      (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)