Re: Solaris 9 sftp-server

From: Eric AUGE (
Date: 04/11/03

    Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:01:22 +0200 (CEST)
    From: Eric AUGE <>
    To: BAUMLER Julie L <>

    On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, BAUMLER Julie L wrote:

    julie. >We're using Sun's ssh sftp server on Solaris 9 for some (internal) customer
    julie. >file tranfers. But, we don't want to allow these people to login or run
    julie. >commands with ssh. The usual methods to restrict login (/bin/false, "exit"
    julie. >in shell profile files, ...) block both or don't work. We need to be able
    julie. >to track file reads and writes, so we need the BSM support of the Solaris
    julie. >version of ssh. Has anyone else run across this?
    Another solutions for file-tranfers would be FTP(S) :)
    by forcing SSL only clients (using a standard ftp server) with users
    chroot options, your customers will access only his file in a secure
    and standard manner.

    Don't know if it fits your needs exactly, but it's an alternative. :)

    Best Regards,

    julie. >
    julie. >Julie
    julie. >
    julie. >Julie L Baumler, SCNA
    julie. >Sr Systems Administrator
    julie. >Multnomah County IT
    julie. >503-988-3749 x26909
    julie. >

    Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (FreeBSD)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

    • SUM: user login error on CDE
      ... Julie Xu ... Data Communication Team ... Information Technology Directorate ... user login error on CDE ...
    • Re: Problem with disk upgrade of Windows XP Pro
      ... Dustin Cook wrote: ... >> Didn't you see my post to Julie? ... > box if it won't allow a login. ... Crash and burn. ...
    • Re: Cream Soup Ideas
      ... Happy belated birthday wishes to Barb, Julie and Gary! ... CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980. ...