Re: Solaris 9 sftp-server

From: Darren J Moffat (Darren.Moffat@Sun.COM)
Date: 04/09/03

    Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat@Sun.COM>
    To: "R.A.Owen" <rao3@leicester.ac.uk>

    On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, R.A.Owen wrote:

    > Dose making /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server the login shell work?

    That probaly won't work because sshd(1m) uses the login shell to exec
    the subsystem program (in this case /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server).

    --
    Darren J Moffat

    • Re: Login Shell/Profile: Stop the Madness
      ... >> familiar with exec options of bash but I'm willing to bet it has ... When you start a login shell the shell does ... session managers. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: xsession file
      ... exec x-window-manager & ... the currently running shell with the new process. ... the 'sh' and won't run the desired shell as a login shell. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: application process
      ... >>After the kernel comes up, executes inittab file., et al.....Later how are ... Only forkcan create a new process, exec*() will replace the ... the login shell will then execan interactive shell ... the interactive shell will forkand execapplication programs. ...
      (comp.os.linux.development.system)
    • Re: login into a particular directory using ssh
      ... > Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote: ... > That works, but because this is a login shell, and the remote machine ... > Also don't forget the exec because otherwise you'd be running an extra ...
      (Debian-User)