Solaris 9 sftp-server

From: BAUMLER Julie L (julie.x.baumler@co.multnomah.or.us)
Date: 04/07/03

    From: BAUMLER Julie L <julie.x.baumler@co.multnomah.or.us>
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:50:01 -0700

    We're using Sun's ssh sftp server on Solaris 9 for some (internal) customer
    file tranfers. But, we don't want to allow these people to login or run
    commands with ssh. The usual methods to restrict login (/bin/false, "exit"
    in shell profile files, ...) block both or don't work. We need to be able
    to track file reads and writes, so we need the BSM support of the Solaris
    version of ssh. Has anyone else run across this?

    Julie

    Julie L Baumler, SCNA
    Sr Systems Administrator
    Multnomah County IT
    503-988-3749 x26909

    • new root account , with ssh login
      ... im trying to add a new super user account on a solaris 8 system, ... ssh, probably because ... i have disabled PermitRootlogin i my sshd_config, but how can i permit the ... user ar to login via ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: expect to handle ssh Last Login
      ... How do I address the "Last login" issue? ... even though I use Expect to automate connections to hosts ... Login' upon ssh to Linux host. ... Solaris, and even if all the Solaris nodes are on the same LAN. ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • multi-user service is offline
      ... I have a Solaris 10 machine that does not ... I can login via ssh fine and get ... next_state online ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: After OOTB Solaris 10 installation, SSH login not possible
      ... I just received a Sun Fire 245 machine and it has Solaris 10 installed. ... From a different machine, a Sun server, I can login to ssh just ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: SSH login automation, get stuck at the last step.
      ... The ssh server that I am copying the public key to is not a typical ... The user "root" to login this box can not access the ... puts stderr "EXP username requested and sent " ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)