Re: Better Syslog server

From: Bennett Todd (bet@rahul.net)
Date: 03/17/03

    Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:41:02 -0500
    From: Bennett Todd <bet@rahul.net>
    To: Matt Harris <mdh@unix.si.edu>

    I strongly suspect that there are several competitors. A good
    reference site is <URL:http://loganalysis.org/>, see the Library
    section, "syslog Replacements (UNIX)".

    The one I've worked with is syslog-ng, I believe its functionality
    includes what you indicate that you want, and while it's config file
    format of course isn't exactly like what you propose, I think it's
    just about as nice and clean, and maybe a little more amenable to
    reuse of commonly-occuring idioms.

    syslog-ng succeeds in filling this niche for me. I've been in
    several shops where other people have selected it as well.

    -Bennett