Re: Solaris disk wipe utilitiy?

From: David M. Fetter (david.fetter@fetterconsulting.com)
Date: 03/11/03

    Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:42:55 -0800
    From: "David M. Fetter" <david.fetter@fetterconsulting.com>
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

    MacDougall, Shane wrote:
    > Does anybidy know of a DOD-compliant file/disk wipe utility for Solaris 2.8/2.9? We need to clean off our Sunfire box soon, and need to do it securely.
    >
    > Thx,
    > Shane
    You could use Wipe or Secure RM. I have built Sun packages for both of
    these which are located on my site at
    http://www.fetterconsulting.com/downloads.htm. They are both freeware
    utilities of course.

    --
    David M. Fetter - http://www.fetterconsulting.com/
    "The world is full of power and energy and a person can go far by just