RE: Solaris disk wipe utilitiy?

From: Small, Jim (
Date: 03/06/03

    From: "Small, Jim" <>
    Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:57:36 -0500

    You need to wipe a disk with random patterns of 0's and 1's 6-8 times before
    the data is unrecoverable (by someone like ontrack).

    /dev/zero is OK, I wonder if you could use /dev/random...

    If you think that's being paranoid, do a search with google on people
    recovering data from formatted hard drives.

    <> Jim