Setting TOS bit in related packets

From: Evan Borgstrom (eborgstr@UU.NET)
Date: 01/29/03

    From: Evan Borgstrom <eborgstr@UU.NET>
    To: Focus-Sun <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
    Date: 29 Jan 2003 16:30:24 -0500

    Hey all,

    I'm running a Ultra-2 with Solaris 8 108528-12 and I'm trying to get
    this box to maintain the TOS bit in the TCP headers on related sessions.

    Namely I have firewall in front of the box that is setting a TOS bit
    based on inbound interface however this bit is always reset on any
    related packets sent back from the sparc.

    Anyone know what I can do/set to make the sun box maintain TOS bits
    across related TCP sessions? Or any software that would do this for me?

    Thanks,
    Evan

    --
    Evan Borgstrom <eborgstr@UU.NET>