Re: LDAP replacing NIS...?

From: David M. Fetter (dfetter@setec-astronomy.biz)
Date: 01/29/03

    Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:35:59 -0800
    From: "David M. Fetter" <dfetter@setec-astronomy.biz>
    To: Gregory Hicks <ghicks@cadence.com>

    Try replacing NIS with kerberos. See http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/.

    --
    David M. Fetter (MegaSurge) - http://www.setec-astronomy.biz/
    "The world is full of power and energy and a person can go far by just

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: integrating custom NIS maps into LDAP
      ... >| maps are in use? ... I am working on a project to migrate to LDAP from NIS and we ... > maps so that it uses your unique nisMap entries in your LDAP. ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: integrating custom NIS maps into LDAP
      ... Kevin Collins wrote: ... | maps are in use? ... I am working on a project to migrate to LDAP from NIS and we ...
      (comp.unix.admin)
    • Re: Directory Server LDAP/LDIF import - working yet not working???
      ... I then generated LDIF files from the /etc files on our NIS ... > 10,000-foot understanding of LDAP. ... > I already downloaded the various LDAP BluePrints and Directory Server ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • LDAP & NIS on Solaris 10
      ... approved way of setting this up, likes to change everything to be LDAP. ... I really want most services to still use NIS so that I don't have to ... "A NIS client and a Native LDAP client cannot co-exist on the same ... hosts: files nis dns ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Directory Server LDAP/LDIF import - working yet not working???
      ... We currently have NIS and are looking to get rid of NIS completely in ... I then generated LDIF files from the /etc files on our NIS ... 10,000-foot understanding of LDAP. ... This is to be nothing more than importing /etc/passwd (and ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)