RE: adminlog

From: Wilfred Spiegelenburg (wspiegelenburg@netscape.net)
Date: 01/18/03

    Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:41:53 -0500
    From: wspiegelenburg@netscape.net (Wilfred Spiegelenburg)
    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    "Ali Ernalbant" <ernalbant@uekae.tubitak.gov.tr> wrote:
    >I created `/var/adm/loginlog` as root to capture failed logins with
    >permission 600. (Solaris 9)
    >I changed group owner to `sys`. However when I try to make failed login
    >attempts, I can not get any log
    >into `/var/adm/loginlog`.
    >Can anyone help me about this?

    On the sunsolve website there is a sympomts and resolutions document with number: "45480" and title: "How to capture bad or invalid login attempts"
    which should help you with all your problems.
    It will also help you to find information to set-up the logging for non TTY, CDE failed login attempts.
    The document is only available if you can login to sunsolve site.

    Wilfred Spiegelenburg

    ---
    Ziggy's wisdom (by Tom Wilson)
     ...it seems like all my new years resolutions
    just go in one year and out the other!!

    • Re: adminlog
      ... > I changed group owner to `sys`. ... However when I try to make failed login ... Edit /etc/default/login and add: ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: adminlog
      ... > I changed group owner to `sys`. ... If you are interested in failed login attempts I strongly suggest you ... use BSM audit instead. ...
      (Focus-SUN)