Re: Sun Solaris & Trend Micro

From: Ian G Batten (I.G.Batten@ftel.co.uk)
Date: 11/28/02

Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:15:27 +0000
From: Ian G Batten <I.G.Batten@ftel.co.uk>
To: "Mark A. Hershberger" <mah@everybody.org>

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> I'm just catching up on email, but I noticed that people were
> talking about VirusWall on Solaris and how to run it on the same
> box as sendmail with Solaris.
>
> The configuration recommended by Trend's consultants is as
> follows:
>
> sendmail (port 25) -> Trend (another port) -> sendmail (yet another port)

Alternatively, trend plugs excellently into amavis, and you can then run
it as a milter. Which gives you just one copy of sendmail to play with.

ian

Relevant Pages

  • Sun Solaris & Trend Micro
    ... I'm just catching up on email, but I noticed that people were ... talking about VirusWall on Solaris and how to run it on the same ... box as sendmail with Solaris. ... but even Trend discourages this since it ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Solaris 8 - Configuring sendmail relay (NoAuth inbound -> SSL outbound)
    ... that mail.local was not really intended for a more or less "stock" Solaris system. ... Having removed SUNWsndmr and SUNWsndmu, should I consider the warning to be inapplicable in my case, and go ahead and install this component? ... Also in the syslog I see messages about "broken pipe", "unknown mailer error 5", and "cannot save rejected mail anywhere". ... It seems from the mail -x output that mail is handing off to sendmail just fine, if I'm correct in assuming that no blatantly bad news there is good news. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Can I send my own mail, without my ISPs servers??
    ... My main computer is a Sun Blade 2000 running Solaris 10. ... registration/hosting/DNS provider, is a better choice than handling it ... sendmail newsgroup. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: How to enable network on Solaris 10 experimental
    ... This command may be removed in a future Solaris ... after login I get the "DT messaging system could not ... I still can not send mail by sendmail to ... You seem to have gotten DNS configured somehow since nslookup gave you an address for google. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Help needed for sendmail config for home user
    ... We need to find a Solaris andSendmailguru between us. ... Sendmail should be able to send mail as shipped in solaris but your ... sendmail to use your ISP's SMTP server as a "smart host". ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)