Sun Solaris & Trend Micro

From: Mark A. Hershberger (mah@everybody.org)
Date: 11/24/02

    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
    From: mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger)
    Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:04:25 -0600

    I'm just catching up on email, but I noticed that people were
    talking about VirusWall on Solaris and how to run it on the same
    box as sendmail with Solaris.

    The configuration recommended by Trend's consultants is as
    follows:

    sendmail (port 25) -> Trend (another port) -> sendmail (yet another port)

    I've read other people here suggesting that you have Trend
    listening on port 25, but even Trend discourages this since it
    isn't as secure against mail relay abuse. It also lacks
    sendmail's queueing and other features.

    For what its worth, we route about 30,000 messages a day using
    this setup.

    Mark.