Sun Solaris & Trend Micro

From: Mark A. Hershberger (mah@everybody.org)
Date: 11/24/02

    To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
    From: mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger)
    Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:04:25 -0600

    I'm just catching up on email, but I noticed that people were
    talking about VirusWall on Solaris and how to run it on the same
    box as sendmail with Solaris.

    The configuration recommended by Trend's consultants is as
    follows:

    sendmail (port 25) -> Trend (another port) -> sendmail (yet another port)

    I've read other people here suggesting that you have Trend
    listening on port 25, but even Trend discourages this since it
    isn't as secure against mail relay abuse. It also lacks
    sendmail's queueing and other features.

    For what its worth, we route about 30,000 messages a day using
    this setup.

    Mark.

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Sun Solaris & Trend Micro
      ... > I'm just catching up on email, but I noticed that people were ... > talking about VirusWall on Solaris and how to run it on the same ... > box as sendmail with Solaris. ... Which gives you just one copy of sendmail to play with. ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Re: Older Sun Hardware
      ... but intel is catching up with similar technology. ... >I've been considering the aquisition of older Sun hardware such as a ... >thing to learn Solaris, but he claims that Solaris is a dying breed and ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Problems with Trend Micro VirusWall on Solaris 8
      ... I have a little problem with Trend Micro (VirusWall ver. ... When I try run VirusWall (installation was OK) ... File isdelvd is a part of VirusWall and have rights "r-sr-xr-x root sys". ... What is "/dev/fd/3" on Solaris? ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • solaris strange log question
      ... Hey all, ... when I examine the log file on my solaris box these days,I can always catching these ...
      (Security-Basics)