Re: Anti Virus on Sun Solaris (Pre-summary)

From: Frank Neumann (frank.neumann@bb-data.de)
Date: 11/22/02

    Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:22:37 +0100
    From: Frank Neumann <frank.neumann@bb-data.de>
    To: "K. K. Mookhey" <cto@nii.co.in>

    Hi,

    "K. K. Mookhey" wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > First up, thank you all for the responses. They are really helpful. Also, I
    > will be taking a look at comp.mail.sendmail as someone had suggested for
    > more on the same.
    >
    > As of now, my PoA will be to setup TrendMicro's ISVW (we got a free limited
    > edition copy along with the Sun box)and change the sendmail port and hack
    > around to make it all work. I might get in touch with some of you off-list
    > to make the final solution work properly.

    we deploy kind of a sandwich solution: sendmail -> TrendMicro
    ISVW-> sendmail(with tcpwrappers) on one machine. Works like a charme.
    The first sendmail receives all mail and forwards to ISVW. This sendmail
    queues all mail in case you fiddle around with ISVW(e.g. update the virus
    patterns) so clients don't get aware of this. ISVW only scans all mail an
    delivers them to the second sendmail which finally delivers. Some changes to
    both sendmail configurations are necessary, but much of that is described in
    the docs to the ISVW.

    Regards,
    Frank