Re: Anti Virus on Sun Solaris

From: Mike Austin (mga@zoo.uvm.edu)
Date: 11/18/02

    Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:19:22 -0500 (EST)
    From: Mike Austin <mga@zoo.uvm.edu>
    To: "K. K. Mookhey" <cto@nii.co.in>

    On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, K. K. Mookhey wrote:

    > We are looking to implement an AntiVirus Solution for a Sendmail Mail Server
    > running on Sun Solaris (SunOS 5.7).
    > This has to be a Mail Gateway AV solution which must work in conjunction
    > with Sendmail. The mails must get scanned and filtered at the Mail Server
    > level itself.

    We are using Symantec's Norton AntiVirus for Internet Gateways 2.5.2,
    which delivers to open source sendmail.

    We've been fairly happy with the product.

    It's been replaced recently with Symantec Antivirus for SMTP Gateways,
    but should be basically the same product.

    > We have shortlisted Amavis as a possible solution, and possibly Trend
    > Micro's Interscan VirusWall for Solaris.

    We reviewed Amavis back when we picked a solution 18 months ago, and it
    just didn't scale then. That might have changed.

    We looked at Trend's product too, and it looked very promising, but was
    priced significantly higher than Symantec's product (like four times as
    much).

    mga.

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: How to SMTP (Email) Server Fedora 6?
      ... This isn't something you'll find in any external sendmail ... default mail server, you would probably find people that would agree ... First you have to define what are standard local conditions. ... AT&T DSL connection using the sbcglobal servers. ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: cant send mail to hotmail or yahoogroups addresses
      ... When I'm away using the web based client, it uses sendmail ... Replace mail.myisp.net with the outbound mail server of your ISP. ... If your ISP's mail server requires authentication, ... add the feature authinfo to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Empty error message when pressing "Send/Receive" in Windows Ma
      ... Microsoft Communities Accounts) except your regular account... ... Which antivirus are you running? ... incoming mail server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net ... outgoing mail server: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    • Re: Empty error message when pressing "Send/Receive" in Windows Mail
      ... Which antivirus are you running? ... incoming mail server: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net ... outgoing mail server: outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    • Sendmail - IMAP-UW - Cyrus-SASL2 - SMTPAUTH problems
      ... I'm trying to set up a FreeBSD 6.0 box as a mail server, and while everything seems to be working OK for the most part, I have run into two issues that I cannot resolve. ... IMAP-UW was compiled via ports with WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT enabled, OpenSSL, Cyrus-SASL2 & Cyrus-SASL2-saslauthd were compiled via ports with no flags. ... Sendmail was installed with the base install and recompiled with the following options added to make.conf: ... I followed the instructions I found at http://www.bsdconspiracy.net/howto/sendmail.html, and had no problems with the install except for Sendmail. ...
      (freebsd-questions)