Re: Current Solaris security infodocs

From: Konrad Rieck (kr@roqe.org)
Date: 10/24/02

From: Konrad Rieck <kr@roqe.org>
To: Focus Sun <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2002 00:11:21 +0200

Hi Matt, Hi folks,

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 15:46, Matt Collins wrote:
> I'm going through a review of a clients Solaris build and, beyond the normal
> best practices I apply, I'm looking to collate as many third party and Sun
> documents on hardening configurations, permissions, utilities, etc, as possible,
> to consider and define pro's and con's for.

if you are looking for some "non-Sun" hardening, check out my free
Solaris kernel module that implements a restricted proc and other
nifty security features into the standard Solaris OE 8.

   http://www.roqe.org/papillon
   http://www.roqe.org/papillon/papillon.pdf

Regards,
Konrad

p.s.
For geek/weird hardening and another approach to "security through
obscurity", there is http://www.roqe.org/sloggi. :)

--
Konrad Rieck <kr@roqe.org> --------------------------------------------+
Roqefellaz, http://www.roqe.org - PGP: http://www.roqe.org/keys/kr.pub |

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Solaris 2.8 penetration defense?
    ... it's Solaris 8, not 2.8. ... Googled for information on Solaris hardening. ... So, start with a Core install, and add what you need. ... > (who is not posting from the targeted system to limit probes). ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Request For Comments: Solaris O/S Security Hardening Pros & Cons
    ... Please read the following reasons I wrote as to why Solaris ... should not be stripped as a mean of hardening it, ... It is a false sense of security. ... his hardened version of the Solaris O/S to hacker testing (it was 640mb ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Request For Comments: Solaris O/S Security Hardening Pros & Cons
    ... Please read the following reasons I wrote as to why Solaris ... should not be stripped as a mean of hardening it, ... It is a false sense of security. ... his hardened version of the Solaris O/S to hacker testing (it was 640mb ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Hardening Solaris 8
    ... > I've been working on hardening a Solaris 8 box using some instructions ... > After going through the instructions, I've got the server down to the ... Google '"hardening solaris" spitzner' ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Theres something about hardening NFS?
    ... >A post about hardening NIS+ it makes me think if any of you know some ... >document about hardening NFS on SunOS. ... Enhanced security for NFS usually means ensuring that the traffic ... Solaris has AUTH_DH for better authentication. ...
    (Focus-SUN)