Re: Current Solaris security infodocs

From: Konrad Rieck (kr@roqe.org)
Date: 10/24/02

From: Konrad Rieck <kr@roqe.org>
To: Focus Sun <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2002 00:11:21 +0200

Hi Matt, Hi folks,

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 15:46, Matt Collins wrote:
> I'm going through a review of a clients Solaris build and, beyond the normal
> best practices I apply, I'm looking to collate as many third party and Sun
> documents on hardening configurations, permissions, utilities, etc, as possible,
> to consider and define pro's and con's for.

if you are looking for some "non-Sun" hardening, check out my free
Solaris kernel module that implements a restricted proc and other
nifty security features into the standard Solaris OE 8.

   http://www.roqe.org/papillon
   http://www.roqe.org/papillon/papillon.pdf

Regards,
Konrad

p.s.
For geek/weird hardening and another approach to "security through
obscurity", there is http://www.roqe.org/sloggi. :)

--
Roqefellaz, http://www.roqe.org - PGP: http://www.roqe.org/keys/kr.pub |