Re: Current Solaris security infodocs

From: Casper Dik (Casper.Dik@Sun.COM)
Date: 10/23/02

To: Matt Collins <matt@clues.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:13:08 +0200
From: Casper Dik <Casper.Dik@Sun.COM>

>I'm going through a review of a clients Solaris build and, beyond the normal
>best practices I apply, I'm looking to collate as many third party and Sun
>documents on hardening configurations, permissions, utilities, etc, as possible,
>to consider and define pro's and con's for.
>
>A quick check of the sunsolve
>site reveals many infodocs from solaris 2.3, 2001, etc and while I shall now
>resort to advanced search and the mighty google I'd appreciate any pointers
>you all have to good, current solaris configuration guidelines.

I'd ignore the infodocs and instead focus on the Solaris blueprints

        http://www.sun.com/solutions/blueprints/

and also look for JASS.

Casper

Relevant Pages

  • Re: /etc/security/password
    ... Now Solaris does have support for an /etc/security/passwd.adjunct ... the InfoDocs and SRDB's collection for "yp c2 passwd.adjunct". ... Darren J Moffat ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Backtesting Java Software on Solaris 10 Question
    ... I am running a third party app on a SunBlade 2500 running Solaris 3/05. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Current Solaris security infodocs
    ... I'm looking to collate as many third party and Sun ... > documents on hardening configurations, permissions, utilities, etc, as possible, ... Solaris kernel module that implements a restricted proc and other ... nifty security features into the standard Solaris OE 8. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Migrating printers from solaris 8 to 10
    ... I have a bunch of servers with printers installed on solaris 8. ... purpose of these printers is to work with a third party fax software. ... I have never done this kind of printer setup in solaris 8 or ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)