Re: PAM and FTP in Solaris 7

From: Jan-Philip Velders (jpv@jpv.xs4all.nl)
Date: 09/21/02

Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:34:31 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jan-Philip Velders <jpv@jpv.xs4all.nl>
To: Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat@Sun.COM>

> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat@Sun.COM>
> Subject: Re: PAM and FTP in Solaris 7

> [ ... ]
> Do you want PAM module debug or PAM framework debug ?

> Note that not all modules understand "debug" as a module argument,
> and you may not do the same thing with it.

> Framework debugging is undocumented and private. For Solaris 7
> create /etc/pam_debug (using touch), update syslog.conf to log
> auth.debug somewhere.

The reason my colleague and I reached for framework debugging, was
that even if we put a debug statement behind every entry in
/etc/pam.conf, there would be 0.0 debug info in syslog...
(we logged everything to /var/spool/syslog)

This was whilst trying to get the Solaris LDAP/pam stuff working,
eventually we got the OpenSource auth_pam_ldap stuff (because it's an
OpenLDAP server we're running against)...

Kind Regards,
JP Velders