Re: PAM and FTP in Solaris 7

From: Jan-Philip Velders (jpv@jpv.xs4all.nl)
Date: 09/21/02

Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:34:31 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jan-Philip Velders <jpv@jpv.xs4all.nl>
To: Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat@Sun.COM>

> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat@Sun.COM>
> Subject: Re: PAM and FTP in Solaris 7

> [ ... ]
> Do you want PAM module debug or PAM framework debug ?

> Note that not all modules understand "debug" as a module argument,
> and you may not do the same thing with it.

> Framework debugging is undocumented and private. For Solaris 7
> create /etc/pam_debug (using touch), update syslog.conf to log
> auth.debug somewhere.

The reason my colleague and I reached for framework debugging, was
that even if we put a debug statement behind every entry in
/etc/pam.conf, there would be 0.0 debug info in syslog...
(we logged everything to /var/spool/syslog)

This was whilst trying to get the Solaris LDAP/pam stuff working,
eventually we got the OpenSource auth_pam_ldap stuff (because it's an
OpenLDAP server we're running against)...

Kind Regards,
JP Velders

Relevant Pages

  • PAM and FTP in Solaris 7
    ... with PAM and in.ftpd in Solaris 7. ... I have "debug" on every line in the ... I am getting PAM debug output from other system that ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: OpenSSH UseLogin parameter
    ... The only reminder of PAM in the code is in file ... debug: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0. ... It seems that the OpenSsh daemon does not work with PAM, ... >> that using the regular login, I will get PAM integration for free. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: PAM and FTP in Solaris 7
    ... > with PAM and in.ftpd in Solaris 7. ... I have "debug" on every line in the ... Are you using only the pam_unix module shipped by Sun? ... Do you want PAM module debug or PAM framework debug? ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Real pain with SegFoult
    ... Much more difficult to debug are WRONG RESULTS, ... always works fine at home but on Solaris it gives me Seqmentation Foults ... Memory leaks do not provoke a segmentation fault, ... It not only doesn't compile on my Solaris but also make some problems on ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Cant find help - iexplore.exe Application Error