Solaris NIS+ and Password Aging

From: Henson Shawn-FSH025 (Shawn.Henson@motorola.com)
Date: 08/21/02

From: Henson Shawn-FSH025 <Shawn.Henson@motorola.com>
To: "'focus-sun@securityfocus.com'" <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:55:14 -0400

Trying to assist someone with activating password aging. They are currently
running Solaris 2.x using NIS+. They have indicated that the NIS+ password
aging feature is broken. I have searched and find a lot of articles about
this problem. Can you confirm this? This functionality is necessary for an
appropriate security implementation.

I am not using NIS+ so I can not test.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • nisd cant create writer semaphore
    ... I'm running Solaris 2.7 on a Ultra-Enterprise 3000. ... in the logs recently, however, there have been no noticable problems ... The nis+ is setup in such a way this it is its own master. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • U1 Sol9 box refuses to see new nis maps
    ... running Solaris 9 being the nis clients. ... All clients know both servers and the nis ... domain both defined in their respective /etc/hosts and as nis servers. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • DISCUSSION: NIS vs NIS+ vs LDAP
    ... NIS, NIS+ and LDAP and their merits or lack there of. ... We've been running Solaris systems for a long time and obviously started out ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Changing NIS+ root master server and domain
    ... Sparc E250, running Solaris 8. ... NIS+ domain to reflect a change in company ownership. ... NIS+ root master ... Dump tables on the existing root master server to files with ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Cant change NIS+ password in NIS+ client
    ... >> this in a firewall? ... There is still a NIS+ client, running Solaris ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)