Re: Hardening NIS+

From: Reg Quinton (reggers@ist.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: 08/19/02

From: "Reg Quinton" <reggers@ist.uwaterloo.ca>
To: <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:26:15 -0400

> IMHO, the best combination for ease of administration and security is to
> use Kerberos with NIS+.

I am curious .... Has anyone configured a Solaris machine to use Kerberos
authentication against a Microsoft Active Directory?

If I'm so lucky to find someone who has done so... what's required?

Relevant Pages

  • [NEWS] Cisco VPN 3000 Kerberos Authentication Implementation Remote Code Execution And DoS
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... over IPSec, and Cisco WebVPN ... Kerberos Key Distribution Center may be vulnerable to remote code ... The second vulnerability consists of an infinite loop in the Abstract ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: UserName and Kerberos tokens at the same time
    ... \par My client is a Windows application and I can se that the kerberos token is ... The kerberos Security token will try establish the security ... \par> Steven Cheng ... \par> Microsoft Online Support ...
  • Using Kerberos enabled connections with Sybase
    ... I am attempting to connect to a 12.5 Sybase server using kerberos enabled connections. ... My isql and sqsh both correctly connect (sqsh needed a small fix to load the security). ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Really stupid question about z/OS HTTP server
    ... automagically logged on to their corresponding z/OS RACF id? ... IBM CICS RACF Security and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Security ... kerberos was originally developed a MIT's Project Athena ...and then ... selecting RFC number brings up the corresponding summary in the lower ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: CLIENT_NOT_FOUND reply to kinit a security vulnerability?
    ... CLIENT_NOT_FOUND reply to kinit a security vulnerability? ... Hi, I'm new to using Kerberos and I'm definitely not a security expert, and I t ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)