RE: Hardening NIS+

From: J. A. Landamore (jal@mcs.le.ac.uk)
Date: 08/15/02

Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:54:13 +0100 (BST)
From: "J. A. Landamore" <jal@mcs.le.ac.uk>
To: jim.small@eds.com

Jim,
        Given that Sun have announced end-of-software support for NIS+ (
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/faqs/nisplus.html ) wouldn't it be better
to transistion to LDAP?

John Landamore | Please re-install Universe |
Sys. Admin | and reboot |
Dept Mathematics & Computer Science | |
University of Leicester | Hogfather |
University Road, LEICESTER, LE1 7RH | Terry Pratchett |
J.Landamore@mcs.le.ac.uk
Phone: +44 (0)116 2523410 Fax: +44 (0)116 2523604

-- deleted --