Fwd: Hardening NIS+

From: Jerry Kemp (secact@sun.twlight.net)
Date: 08/10/02

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:16:28 -0500
From: Jerry Kemp <secact@sun.twlight.net>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

That is my understanding also. Make sure that you have applied all of
your Sun security patches. Patchdiag tool is your friend.

Jerry

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Neil Dickey <neil@geol.niu.edu>
> Date: Fri Aug 09, 2002 03:05:37 PM US/Central
> To: jim.small@eds.com, focus-sun@securityfocus.com
> Subject: Re: Hardening NIS+
>

> "Small, Jim" <jim.small@eds.com> wrote asking:
>
>> Has anyone seen any articles/papers on hardening/locking down NIS+?
>
> Someone will doubtless correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my
> understanding
> that NIS+ is very secure "as is." The only exception arises if it is
> run
> in YP-compatible mode. There are vulnerabilities associated with that,
> but we don't do it and I don't recall what they are.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Interview With May Pang , August 1, 2005
    ... Perhaps you would be more understanding of her position if you knew her better, or if you understood why she feels the need to tell her side of the story. ... If she were my personal friend my attiitude about the entire ... It better be damn important to our understanding of a person and I best not violate that which the other person thought would be kept private. ... One person may "violate" the contract and it's tempting to "not remain silent"? ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: David Hoffamn was Re: Im Baaack
    ... >> an attitude of an adult speaking to an annoying child". ... >> is wrong I sincerely apologize, take it back and replace it with ... although a friend of mine who ran a large HPLC lab left ...
    (rec.food.drink.tea)
  • Re: Why does life keep coming up and slapping you in the face?
    ... > himself and his feelings so it's been hard to find out what's wrong. ... > advice of a psychiatrist friend who said the best way to put me off would ... especially romantic-type stuff, unless you are looking to get youtself into ... who needs understanding and accepting on his own terms. ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: viewing light from the earliest stages of universe
    ... > To use an anology, you're preaching to the choir, my friend! ... > Substituting even a perfect anology for understanding is like ... > No matter how much I get a kick out of thinking about physics, ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Trader Alert --- GAXI
    ... Hello Jerry, ... trading info on GAXI, because from my understanding there is no after hour ... please correct me if I am wrong on that understanding. ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)