Re: tty sniffer.

From: Jay Beale (jay@bastille-linux.org)
Date: 07/24/02

Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:05:23 -0700
From: Jay Beale <jay@bastille-linux.org>
To: "Palamara, Michael A." <Michael.Palamara@ibx.com>

In the wise words of Palamara, Michael A.:

> Does anyone recommend a good tty sniffer. I need to watch user command line
> activity closely and build audit trails. I would like an alternative to
> 'script' and tty-watcher.
>
> Thank You,
> Mike Palamara
> michael.palamara@ibx.com

Well, ttysnoop is one of the canonical answers.

Also, Joel Eriksson speaks of using the screen command to do this:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/vuln-dev/2000-q2/0159.html

  - Jay

Relevant Pages

  • Re: tty sniffer.
    ... >Does anyone recommend a good tty sniffer. ... I need to watch user command line ... >CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-Mail is intended only for the ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • tty sniffer.
    ... Does anyone recommend a good tty sniffer. ... I need to watch user command line ... activity closely and build audit trails. ... 'script' and tty-watcher. ...
    (Focus-SUN)