Solaris 9 SSH: HostbasedAuthentication?

From: Sean Boran (sean@boran.com)
Date: 06/25/02

From: "Sean Boran" <sean@boran.com>
To: <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:29:45 +0200

Hi,

I though Sun's SSH was based on OpenSSH, but it refuses to accept the
option:
  HostbasedAuthentication yes

in sshd_config. Which is used for protocol v2 Rsa/DSA+.shosts
authentication.

Does anything know if Sun use another directive or have simply cut out
that code?
If Sun have cut it out, what else is removed? Are there any docs?

Thanks in advance,

Sean Boran

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sun One Webserver 6.1 with openLDAP client auth crashes
    ... The Sun One webserver will load nss_ldap.so.1 from /usr/lib if it ... the PADL nss_ldap for proper ssh, ftp authentication. ... The solution that I implemented was to modify the server startup so ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Sun One Webserver 6.1 with openLDAP client auth crashes
    ... The Sun One webserver will load nss_ldap.so.1 from /usr/lib if it ... the PADL nss_ldap for proper ssh, ftp authentication. ... The solution that I implemented was to modify the server startup so ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Solaris 10 Kerberos broken?
    ... > I've done everything in the Sun manuals and cross referenced it with ... contacted Sun support? ... > authentication, failing. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: scp problems between Solaris and Tru64
    ... Can I force scp on the Solaris 9 Sun to ... try to negotiate only using protocol 2? ... scp to a remote machine from my Ultra 80 running Solaris 9, ... but connection occurs. ...
    (comp.unix.tru64)
  • Re: scp problems between Solaris and Tru64
    ... Can I force scp on the Solaris 9 Sun to ... try to negotiate only using protocol 2? ... scp to a remote machine from my Ultra 80 running Solaris 9, ... but connection occurs. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)