Re: looking for package to enhance security on login and dtlogin

From: mho (mho@mho.nu)
Date: 06/07/02

To: "Lee, Elizabeth" <elizabeth.lee.contractor@fnmoc.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 23:23:55 +0200
From: mho <mho@mho.nu>

In message <96BF984A33AFD311816100C00D00F25B0329CCD1@LANEXC107P.fnoc.navy.mil>,
 "Lee, Elizabeth" writes:

>I am looking for a 3rd party package that will allow us to LOCK an account
>after 3 unsuccessful login/dtlogin attempts on Solaris 6 and Solaris 8. I

Do you _really_ want anyone to be able to lock your users out simply
by walking up to a terminal and entering "username" "x" three times?

        - mho

Relevant Pages

  • Re: looking for package to enhance security on login and dtlogin
    ... >I am looking for a 3rd party package that will allow us to LOCK an account ... >know Solaris itself does not offer that capability, ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Connection.IsolationLevel = adXactSerializable and timeout
    ... Yup, I expect a Counton a non PK column can result in a table lock, but ... let's say we have a table named Account: ... > So I create a transaction and wrap the SELECT and INSERT inside it. ... >> get the server to answer that a connection is available. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: Connection.IsolationLevel = adXactSerializable and timeout
    ... let's say we have a table named Account: ... So I create a transaction and wrap the SELECT and INSERT inside it. ... Doesn't INSERT automatically create a table lock? ... > get the server to answer that a connection is available. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • RE: Logon fails on first attempt
    ... RE Crumbs and Dust: I don't think that this is the issue. ... If I lock the computer, and attempt to unlock the computer, the first time I ... You may think the pointer is active inside the textbox and you type the ... What happen if you created another account and use a password for it, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Lock Out a User in Win XP home?
    ... > lock feature of XP is generally useless. ... I do not want to delete the account and probably lose all it's ... > restricted users that can be managed by an admin user ... ...