ssh help

From: Maccy (maccy@maccomms.co.uk)
Date: 05/27/02

Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:36:23 +0000 (GMT)
From: Maccy <maccy@maccomms.co.uk>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded our version of openssh to :-

OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f

However I now cannot get host based authentication to work as it did
before....can anyone suggest what I might look at to get it
working? Here's my sshd_config. Any suggestions VERY gratefully received!

# $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.48 2002/02/19 02:50:59 deraadt Exp $

# This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file. See sshd(8)
# for more information.

# This sshd was compiled with
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

# The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with
# OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where
# possible, but leave them commented. Uncommented options change a
# default value.

Port 22
Protocol 1
#Protocol 2,1
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::
# HostKey for protocol version 1
HostKey /etc/ssh_host_key
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
HostKey /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key

# Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key
KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
ServerKeyBits 768

# Logging
#obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO

# Authentication:

LoginGraceTime 600
PermitRootLogin no
StrictModes yes

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys

# rhosts authentication should not be used
RhostsAuthentication no
# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts no
# For this to work you will also need host keys in
/usr/local/etc/ssh_known_host
RhostsRSAAuthentication yes
# similar for protocol version 2
HostbasedAuthentication yes
# Change to yes if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
# RhostsRSAAuthentication and HostbasedAuthentication
IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
PasswordAuthentication yes
PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Change to no to disable s/key passwords
ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

# Kerberos options
# KerberosAuthentication automatically enabled if keyfile exists
#KerberosAuthentication yes
#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
#KerberosTicketCleanup yes

# AFSTokenPassing automatically enabled if k_hasafs() is true
#AFSTokenPassing yes

# Kerberos TGT Passing only works with the AFS kaserver
#KerberosTgtPassing no

# Set this to 'yes' to enable PAM keyboard-interactive authentication
# Warning: enabling this may bypass the setting of
'PasswordAuthentication'
#PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt yes

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes
PrintMotd yes
PrintLastLog yes
KeepAlive yes
#UseLogin no

#MaxStartups 10
# no default banner path
#Banner /some/path
#VerifyReverseMapping no

# override default of no subsystems
Subsystem sftp /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server

Regards

Maccy