Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8

From: Doug Hughes (doug@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Date: 05/01/02

Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:26:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: Doug Hughes <doug@Eng.Auburn.EDU>
To: dweise <dweise@rider.edu>

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, dweise wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? (Other
> NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: Set user bsombdy account so
> that they can log on from 8am to 6pm.

there's a pam_time module for linux, not that this helps. It
"shouldn't" be too hard to port it to Solaris (I did the pam_securid
module, and it was just a few changes to syscall argument passing)

        Doug

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8
    ... > Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? ... > NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: ... each day and restoring their normal shell at 7:59am. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8
    ... > Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? ... >NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: Set user bsombdy account so ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8
    ... > Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? ... > NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: Set user bsombdy account so ... It ought to port PDQ to Solaris ...
    (Focus-SUN)