Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8

From: Reg Quinton (reggers@ist.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: 05/01/02

From: "Reg Quinton" <reggers@ist.uwaterloo.ca>
To: <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>, "dweise" <dweise@rider.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:50:02 -0400

> Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? (Other
> NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: Set user bsombdy account so
> that they can log on from 8am to 6pm.

There is a pam_time module described at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/modules.html

like this:

pam_time: authorize users based on when and where they log in (like securetty, but) in a way that is dependent on the service they
are requesting;
Andrew Morgan morgan@linux.kernel.org

It's (apparently) found within the pam tar ball and seems to be
"standard" fair on Linux beasts. It ought to port PDQ to Solaris
but I've never had the urge to.

That would be the tack I'd take. I'm not aware of Solaris providing
anything out of the box to help you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8
    ... > Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? ... >NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: Set user bsombdy account so ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8
    ... On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, dweise wrote: ... > Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? ... > NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: User Time Restrictions on Solaris 8
    ... > Is there anyway to set time restrictions for users on Solaris 8? ... > NOS that can do this is Novell) For Example: ... each day and restoring their normal shell at 7:59am. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: [SLE] Where suse will be ?
    ... > Let's spread another: ... It's doubtful the big fella would let Sun buy Novell, ... forget that they have invested at least 50 million US in Novell and I'm ... somehow they hope Linux will act as a lifeline to Solaris, ...
    (SuSE)