Re: How do I set-up secure automated file push and pull?

From: Crist J. Clark (crist.clark@attbi.com)
Date: 04/25/02

Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:07:59 -0700
From: "Crist J. Clark" <crist.clark@attbi.com>
To: Anupam <frj780jdy85533001@sneakemail.com>

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:47:58PM -0400, Anupam wrote:
[snip]

> - Are there any options I am missing?

HTTP. HTTPS.

Your SSH description has be a bit puzzled. Do you want to use SSH or
RSH? Certificates, huh? Also look at using ssh(1) with an
'authorized_keys' file with a 'command=' specification.

                                   |     cjclark@jhu.edu

  • Re: Tunneling through a corporate firewall
    ... Apple Mail allows that; many other e-mail clients do, ... admin is not blocking port 995, the default port for POP over SSH. ... If yes, I won't be able to avoid tunneling through http, and in this ...
    (comp.sys.mac.comm)
  • Re: Tunneling misc questions.
    ... I want to set up an SSH-based tunnel from my computer at ... > to get a HTTP tunnel working. ... > Would I need to install a HTTP proxy on that machine? ... my ssh syntax is: ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Tunneling through a corporate firewall
    ... But his company's firewall doesn't allow SSH through. ... You're doing the opposite -- tunneling HTTP through SSH, ... SSH through HTTP. ... POP server using https, without downloading the mail, just to be ...
    (comp.sys.mac.comm)
  • Re: any way to confirm break-in?
    ... made through ssh to access the machine from a couple of IP addresses. ... check the installed files against the md5 sums in the database of installed ... Is it still possible for an outsider to manipulate the system somehow? ... means of rooter firewall but by this means only -- HTTP, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: ssh over http
    ... SSH is a transport layer protocol, HTTP ...
    (freebsd-questions)