RE: Looking for ftp over SSL (TLS) daemon...

From: Gordon, Chris (Chris.Gordon@CWUSA.COM)
Date: 04/17/02

From: "Gordon, Chris" <Chris.Gordon@CWUSA.COM>
To: "'Jonathan G. Lampe'" <jonathan@stdnet.com>, focus-sun@securityfocus.com
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:04:07 -0400

> I am trying to find an FTP server daemon which uses SSL (TLS)
> in a Sun environment. (Not SSH.)
> Does anyone know of such a thing? (Vendors
> welcome to reply!!!)

There is sftp which gives you an ftp like interface which IIRC uses ssh as
the underlying connection (so this might be outside of your requirements).
OpenSSH provides an sftp client and sshd handles the server side of the sftp
connection. Another option would be to use something like stunnel (OpenSSL)
to build a TLS tunnel and then run an ftp connection through it.

Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Looking for ftp over SSL (TLS) daemon...
    ... > I am trying to find an FTP server daemon which uses SSL in a Sun ... I'd highly recommend you use an SSH based solution instead. ... SSH has gained tremendous market acceptance, with servers and clients ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: SFTP
    ... SFTP(1) - Simple File Transfer Protocol - unsecrued, early FTP, ... SFTP- Secure FTP - a command line program that implements ... SFTP- SSH FTP - a network protocol designed by the IETF to provide ... FTP/SSL - same as Auth TLS? ...
  • RE: FTPD & SSHD server
    ... I think you are confused about difference between ssh and FTPD. ... This FTP software gives FTP protocol ... not used over the public internet. ... high port number for data channel in passive mode. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Secure file transfer
    ... We're talking about SFTP, which is a variant how to use SSH to secure the ... FTP protocol. ... is it better to use AUTH SSL or SSH/SFTP?" ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Secure file transfer
    ... We're talking about SFTP, which is a variant how to use SSH to secure the ... FTP protocol. ... "FTP over SSH" is the protection of the command channel. ...
    (comp.security.misc)