RE: Looking for ftp over SSL (TLS) daemon...

From: Gordon, Chris (Chris.Gordon@CWUSA.COM)
Date: 04/17/02

From: "Gordon, Chris" <Chris.Gordon@CWUSA.COM>
To: "'Jonathan G. Lampe'" <jonathan@stdnet.com>, focus-sun@securityfocus.com
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:04:07 -0400

> I am trying to find an FTP server daemon which uses SSL (TLS)
> in a Sun environment. (Not SSH.)
> Does anyone know of such a thing? (Vendors
> welcome to reply!!!)

There is sftp which gives you an ftp like interface which IIRC uses ssh as
the underlying connection (so this might be outside of your requirements).
OpenSSH provides an sftp client and sshd handles the server side of the sftp
connection. Another option would be to use something like stunnel (OpenSSL)
to build a TLS tunnel and then run an ftp connection through it.

Chris