RSA SecureID on Solaris

From: adam morley (adam@gmi.com)
Date: 04/06/02

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 10:46:12 -0800
From: adam morley <adam@gmi.com>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

Is anyone using these to authenticate users on Solaris? Can they be easily integrated into dtlogin, apache, etc.? Perhaps with pam in some way?

Has anyone looked into how "secure" they are? Can one guess the number on the display, perhaps based on the serial on the back?

For those of you who do run them, have you replaced the password with the securid random + pin number? Or done something else?

thanks,
adam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RSA SecureID on Solaris
    ... > Is anyone using these to authenticate users on Solaris? ... Can they be easily integrated into dtlogin, apache, etc.? ... Perhaps with pam in some way? ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Password aging on Suns with NIS?
    ... >> wouldn't benefit from NIS+ even if we liked banging our heads against the wall). ... PAM, it looks like I could drop in a replacement for pam_unix_acct, but I suspect ... > An easy way to get password aging on the Solaris ... >> workstations and servers. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: shell damage
    ... Yes I was posting from SunOS but I also have an OpenBSD box. ... I am just learning Solaris so I ... SunOS is a BSD based ... the key is often whether you have PAM installed ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Detecting hacking attempts - what should browsers *not* request?
    ... I have a Sun workstation running Solaris 9 with an Apache 1.3.27 web ... The web server only serves static ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)