Re: Disabling Unnecessary Services from inetd.conf File

From: Alex Noordergraaf (alex.noordergraaf@sun.com)
Date: 04/05/02

Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:44:58 -0500
From: Alex Noordergraaf <alex.noordergraaf@sun.com>
To: Hal Flynn <flynn@securityfocus.com>

Hal Flynn wrote:

> Hi Kate,
>
> [...]
>
> > However, I've been trying to get some specific information on each of
> > these services and some of the risks associated with having them enabled
> > and haven't had much luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on some
> > good references or know any specifics about any of these services?
>
> The articles:
>
> Back to the Basics: Solaris and inetd.conf Part 1
> http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1490
>
> Back to the Basics: Solaris and inetd.conf Pt.2
> http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1491

In addition - you might want to also check the BluePrint security
articles available on http://sun.com/security/blueprints.

-Alex

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Select and update
    ... Good articles, but I don't see any one that read and update on ... same selection. ... They take you through the basics of ADO.NET and demonstrate how you can ... I'd like to do something that was very easy with ADO in VB6. ...
  • Re: Recording Magazine
    ... What I've found over the 15 years that I've been associated with Recording is that the articles about the basics seem to be getting shorter and less detailed, so I don't think they're as effective as when I was writing regularly in 1995-2000. ... Paul Stamler's recent overview of microphones is a good example of something that, once read and understood, would far reduce the "is this a good microphone?" ... "Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Copying with inserting the date in the filename
    ... In comp.unix.shell Loki Harfagr: ... change it to work on Solaris. ... know the basics. ... Korn shell's got ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Disabling Unnecessary Services from inetd.conf File
    ... > these services and some of the risks associated with having them enabled ... Back to the Basics: Solaris and inetd.conf Part 1 ... written are indexed in the publications section of my personal site ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Case study OS comparison
    ... But, you know, managers want facts that decide what platform might be better and you have Solaris Admins that tell you AIX is "oooold schooool" and you have the AIX admins that tell you Solaris is nothing but a good marketing concept. ... cover the basics of Solaris. ... You might mirror them under SVM, too, but if you want to expand the basic system environment under AIX just add a disk, expand rootvg and things are done - in Solaris you are dealing with expanding hard partitions what is much more uncomfortable. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)