Re: ?hack cause?

From: Eric P. Forgette (epforgette@overnite.com)
Date: 03/28/02

Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:09:06 -0500
From: "Eric P. Forgette" <epforgette@overnite.com>
To: focus sun mailling list <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>

> Even if you don't run tripwire you can do a basic tripwite
> test against another machine.

tripwire is a wonderful thing, but if the budget doesn't allow (tripwire
is no longer free) check out fcheck. If you're a perl hack, you'll love
this. While sum will work, I suggest grabbing md5 (binary package at
sunfreeware) for your checksums.

http://www.geocities.com/fcheck2000/fcheck.html

Regards,
-Eric

--
Eric P. Forgette
Unix Systems Administrator

Relevant Pages

  • Re: secure UNIX log server
    ... I keep pushing for tripwire but not yet succesfully. ... Regards. ... Your auditors need to be educated regarding the costs of all the manual ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: secure UNIX log server
    ... I keep pushing for tripwire but not yet succesfully. ... Regards. ... Your auditors need to be educated regarding the costs of all the manual ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: ?hack cause?
    ... >> Even if you don't run tripwire you can do a basic tripwite ... > tripwire is a wonderful thing, but if the budget doesn't allow (tripwire ... > sunfreeware) for your checksums. ... Another file integrity checker is AIDE. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: how tripwire is deployed?
    ... would TRIPWIRE be deployed on the gateway to the server ... farmor/and individual servers hosting Finance, Merge & Acquistion data, ... Regards, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: ?hack cause?
    ... >> Even if you don't run tripwire you can do a basic tripwite ... > tripwire is a wonderful thing, but if the budget doesn't allow (tripwire ... > is no longer free) check out fcheck. ... And there is always the old academic source release. ...
    (Focus-SUN)