Re: ?hack cause?

From: Mike P (mike@phasa.org)
Date: 03/26/02

Date: 26 Mar 2002 17:24:35 -0000
From: Mike P <mike@phasa.org>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

Andy,
I would search for root kits first. Try
http://www.chkrootkit.org/. Hopefully, you run tripwire
or something like it.

Mike
mike@phasa.org

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ?hack cause?
    ... Mike P wrote: ... > I would search for root kits first. ... Even if you don't run tripwire you can do a basic tripwite ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: & and &amp;
    ... suspicious that there's an encoding / decoding process missing. ... See this article from Joel on Software to get a better idea of what Andy ... In short, you're receiving unsafe content from the user, expecting it to ... an administrative toolset used by experienced and responsible site ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • what is file refcache.ser
    ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... tripwire is reporting to me that the SHA value & the Write time of file c:\WINNT\system32\refcache.ser changed. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)