Re: zlib on Solaris?

From: Scott Morris (hexjunky@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/16/02

From: "Scott Morris" <hexjunky@yahoo.com>
To: <focus-sun@securityfocus.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 08:23:13 +0800

> Quick question, any info on if zlib can or can't cause problem on a
solaris
> system?
Well It isnt a yes or no answer, do you use anything that uses zlib?
99/100 you are, ( ssh, java, apache )
There is a list of apps that use zlib on http://www.gzip.org/zlib/apps.html
To find out if the particular app has zlib compiled in static, I use strings
<file> |grep zlib for a quick check ,this is not sure fire, to be sure check
the documentation or source code.

To find out if the particular app is linked to zlib, I use ldd <file>

Regards,

Scott Morris
www.w0rdup.com

  • Re: SSH daemon
    ... |>Solaris 8 on Intel does have zlib, but when I try to build software ... I get a ton of unreferenced symbols that Sun's zlib wants to ... unreferenced symbols when building Python 2.2 on Solaris x86 8 with ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: zlib on Solaris?
    ... > Subject: zlib on Solaris? ... at our site we've decided that stuff like openssl will get rebuild ... > Best Regards ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: SSH daemon
    ... [[PLEASE DON'T SEND ME EMAIL COPIES OF POSTINGS]] ... >Solaris 8 on Intel does have zlib, but when I try to build software ... I get a ton of unreferenced symbols that Sun's zlib wants to ... to opinions held by my employer, Sun Microsystems. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: zlib on Solaris?
    ... any info on if zlib can or can't cause problem on a solaris ... any programs on any platforms yet, but that doesn't mean there wont be... ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: SSH daemon
    ... There's are precious few symbols needed by zlib as shipped ... and since zlib includes a dependency on libc.so.1 ... >Is this true when using gcc on Solaris as well? ... -- [Do NOT email-CC me on posts. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)