Re: Unix Anti-Virus Recommendations

From: Sergey Galitskiy (
Date: 03/05/02

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:51:23 -0800
From: Sergey Galitskiy <>
To: Mark Baldwin <>

Interscan VirusWall from TrenMicro ( works just great
on Solaris 8 + sendmail.

Main features:
- easy install;
- Web monitor and administration interface, based on apache (included);
- flexible;
- pattern file update via cron;
- build in log rotation;
- possibility to use extra anti-spam plugin.
- good documented.

For more info see:

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 04:24:34PM -0500, Mark Baldwin wrote:
> I am looking for any recommendations on AV products that integrate with
> Sendmail on Solaris (8). I am currently exploring Mailscanner in
> conjunction with Sophos, and would appreciate any information on this or
> other products that you may have used.
> Best Regards, Mark...
> --
> Mark A. Baldwin Director of Information Systems
> OPNET Technologies

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Solaris 8 - Configuring sendmail relay (NoAuth inbound -> SSL outbound)
    ... that mail.local was not really intended for a more or less "stock" Solaris system. ... Having removed SUNWsndmr and SUNWsndmu, should I consider the warning to be inapplicable in my case, and go ahead and install this component? ... Also in the syslog I see messages about "broken pipe", "unknown mailer error 5", and "cannot save rejected mail anywhere". ... It seems from the mail -x output that mail is handing off to sendmail just fine, if I'm correct in assuming that no blatantly bad news there is good news. ...
  • Re: Can I send my own mail, without my ISPs servers??
    ... My main computer is a Sun Blade 2000 running Solaris 10. ... registration/hosting/DNS provider, is a better choice than handling it ... sendmail newsgroup. ...
  • Re: How to enable network on Solaris 10 experimental
    ... This command may be removed in a future Solaris ... after login I get the "DT messaging system could not ... I still can not send mail by sendmail to ... You seem to have gotten DNS configured somehow since nslookup gave you an address for google. ...
  • Re: Help needed for sendmail config for home user
    ... We need to find a Solaris andSendmailguru between us. ... Sendmail should be able to send mail as shipped in solaris but your ... sendmail to use your ISP's SMTP server as a "smart host". ...
  • RESOLVED: Solaris 8 - Configuring sendmail relay (NoAuth inbound -> SSL outbound)
    ... If your smtp server is then the default sendmail installed with Solaris 8 will no longer be able to send mail. ... gunzip & untar BerkeleyDB.4.2; install per the README. ...