RE: /etc/default/passwd and SSH

From: Richard Cross (richard.cross@freeserve.com)
Date: 01/29/02

From: Richard Cross <richard.cross@freeserve.com>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com
Date: 29 Jan 2002 17:29:41 +0000

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 14:37, Ivanov, Vladimir wrote:

> > I noticed that SSH inherently does not give the warnings (WARNWEEKS)
> > when the password expiration is coming up and I was wondering
> > if someone
> > has gotten this to work, or am I going to have to wait for Sun's
> > approved OpenSSH package in future Solaris releases to see
> > this feature?
>
> As far as I know, these warnings are issued by login, so
> if you use UseLogin settings for sshd, this will solve this (and a few others)
> problem.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but I use publickey
authentication on my servers. Is there any way I can enforce a similar
policy that affects users' public keys?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: /etc/default/passwd and SSH
    ... >> I noticed that SSH inherently does not give the warnings (WARNWEEKS) ... >> when the password expiration is coming up and I was wondering ... > if you use UseLogin settings for sshd, this will solve this ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • RE: /etc/default/passwd and SSH
    ... > I noticed that SSH inherently does not give the warnings (WARNWEEKS) ... > when the password expiration is coming up and I was wondering ... As far as I know, these warnings are issued by login, so ... if you use UseLogin settings for sshd, this will solve this ...
    (Focus-SUN)