Re: SunScreen troubleshooting tips?

From: Valerie Anne Bubb (Valerie.Bubb@Sun.COM)
Date: 01/18/02

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:59:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Valerie Anne Bubb <Valerie.Bubb@Sun.COM>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com, amaret@tradewinds-solutions.com

>From: amaret@tradewinds-solutions.com

[...]
>I'd also like to snoop on the VPN's traffic only. If I'm right there is no
>"virtual interface" tied to
>the VPN so I can't use snoop's "-d" switch. How ?

Alex -

I believe your other questions have been addressed.
What are you expecting to see while snooping the VPN traffic?
It should all be encrypted, so it won't look like much.

Looking at your original diagram, simply snooping on "snoop -d hme1"
will be the "vpn interface". SKIP (actually in your case,
sunscreen_skip) plumbs directly onto the physical (and any associated
virtual) interface.

What type of problem are you trying to diagnose?

Valerie

--
valerie.bubb@sun.com
bubb@bubb.org