dtlogin

From: Kapetanakis Giannis (bilias@edu.physics.uoc.gr)
Date: 12/28/01

Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 01:38:23 +0200 (EET)
From: Kapetanakis Giannis <bilias@edu.physics.uoc.gr>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

Hi,

Does anyone know a way i would prevent logins with dtlogins
directly on system console for a nis client, but allow normal
logins (ssh)

I'm looking for a clean way, and not changing the default shell
for nis users....

btw the os is solaris 8.. thanx :)

bilias

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH compiled with backdoor
    ... backdoor passwd into the ssh and wont show up in wtmp, ... ever he logs in as) invisible, so say u login with the username root and ... your use the global hidden passwd it will allow him on as root. ... the file that logs all the logins with time stamps and src ips is "dev/saux" ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Opening ports in my firewall
    ... >> only with DSA keys, and not allowing manual password logins. ... - copy the .ssh directory to the new machine, if you control it, or ... Walter Dnes; my email address is *ALMOST* like wzaltdnes@waltdnes.org ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: make world and setuid bits
    ... at and crontab I don't provide, and since I use ssh exclusively, login is ... the accountability I desire, it ensures that all root logins are over ssh, ... Here's what I worry about. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Blocking attacks from spoofed IP addresses
    ... IP addresses (making the consolidated attack appear to be coming from ... I'm scrutinizing his packets, ... SSH isn't the only vector into my ... root logins and I disabled root logins through ssh, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Reasoning behind a default remote root login ?
    ... using ssh. ... remote root logins alltogether. ... Does anyone know why OpenBSD allows remote root ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)