Re: Sun Solaris login bug patches out

From: Mike D. Kail (mdkail@verance.com)
Date: 12/21/01

To: "Yiming Gong" <yiming@security.zz.ha.cn>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:42:57 -0800
From: "Mike D. Kail" <mdkail@verance.com>

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:36:13 EST, "Yiming Gong" wrote:

> Dear users,
> I've a question about sun's login patches.
> That is:must I reboot the box when the patch has been installed?
> Searching through it's README file,i found no messages mentions any
> "REBOOT SYSTEM",
> but as i remembered,I should always reboot my solaris box after a
> patch was given in the past.
> um, So this time...?

a reboot is NOT required after this patch. the patch only updates the
/usr/bin/login binary.

/mdkail

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sms 2003 patch management is brutal!
    ... SMS client computer to run this taks. ... >> You don't re-select it when running the Distribute Software Updates>> Wizard. ... SMS patch management is>>>> extremely ... >>>>> requires a reboot is installed without rebooting the patch isn't ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: RPC security error is restarting my comp
    ... or reboot, quickly go to: ... > Is the original problem actually the worm which I have ... >>install the patch mentioned above. ... >>It is suggested that you first download the patch to your ...
  • The patch killed my system!
    ... prompts for a reboot, I say "Yes"...boom! ... that reason more often than any other on a server. ... when a patch appears to cause a problem with your server its more likely ... Now I'm not saying this to discourage reports of problems with patches, ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: sms 2003 patch management is brutal!
    ... The sync host is only selected once, during installation of the scan tool. ... You don't re-select it when running the Distribute Software Updates Wizard. ... SMS patch management is ... >>> requires a reboot is installed without rebooting the patch isn't really ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Windoze almost managed to 200x repeat 9/11
    ... > not to patch and to make the tech do a reboot every 30 days. ... > Does Microsoft have crappy coding in Windows 95? ... > Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
    (Full-Disclosure)