Holiday Update

From: Hal Flynn (flynn@securityfocus.com)
Date: 12/20/01

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:27:18 -0700 (MST)
From: Hal Flynn <flynn@securityfocus.com>
To: <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>

Hi Folks,

I wanted to take a moment to give you all my best holiday wishes. With
the changes of the tech market, as well as events in the world, it has
been a very different year for all of us.

I will be taking a short break, leaving the office on Saturday the 22nd,
and returning Thursday the 27th of December. I will, however, be
moderating the list from home. I will be approving traffic on Monday the
24th, and Wednesday the 26th, resuming normal list operation on December
27th when I return.

While I have your ear, I wanted to bring up the topic of auto-replies.
Out of courtesy to other list members, please configure your auto-replies
not to respond to list traffic and posts. If this is not possible, please
unsubscribe for the duration of your vacation. The reason for this is
that auto-replies typically respond to all users in the To: and Cc: fields
of a mail. This can produce a situation similar to a mailbomb when a
member posts to the list. It may also reveal sensitive information about
the person on vacation.

Best holiday wishes to you, your family, and all your loved ones.

Sincerely yours,

Hal Flynn
UNIX Focus Area Manager
SecurityFocus

"Semper Fidelis"

Relevant Pages

  • Holiday update
    ... I wanted to take a moment to give you all my best holiday wishes. ... I wanted to bring up the topic of auto-replies. ... unsubscribe for the duration of your vacation. ... member posts to the list. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • July 4th holiday a dud for some
    ... July 4th holiday a dud for some ... Some businesses will struggle with staffing, ... "Three- and four-day weekends have become the vacation of choice. ... employees wrap vacation days around business-closing holidays to get ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: too complex for me!
    ... "overtime, Vacation, Personal and Holiday hours" are just that, the amount ... of hours the employee had - most of the time the value is zero but can be ... > I don't see any mention of "overtime, Vacation, Personal and Holiday ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: unusual sentence in BrE?
    ... "Vacation" is part of your ... and an untaken floating holiday, they owe you two days' worth of pay. ...
    (alt.usage.english)