Re: Openssh rollout on solaris 7

From: André Carezia (acarezia@uol.com.br)
Date: 12/17/01

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:05:37 -0200
From: André Carezia <acarezia@uol.com.br>
To: stephen.pinto@paladion.net

Stephen Pinto wrote:

> [...]
> I have to role out Openssh 3.0.2 on solaris 7 (sparc) on five machines. Does
> anyone know of a site or has a package in (.tar) format so that i can
> install it. Cause after going to the solaris openssh implementation found on
> Sun's site i found i have to install many things

You can compile all the libraries once and install them on every
machine. Or you can setup a shared directory and put the libraries in
there.

> [...]
> Or does anyone know of any good document for installing it.

I closely follow the article below (written by J. Reid & K. Watson):

  http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0701/openSSH.pdf

Last note: maybe you need to issue the commands

  mkdir /var/spool/prngd
  touch /var/spool/prngd/pool

and start the random number generator "prngd" before the command

  make install

refered to in the last box in page 9 of the article.

Regards,

--
André Carezia
http://sites.uol.com.br/acarezia