Re: Openssh rollout on solaris 7

From: André Carezia (acarezia@uol.com.br)
Date: 12/17/01

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:05:37 -0200
From: André Carezia <acarezia@uol.com.br>
To: stephen.pinto@paladion.net

Stephen Pinto wrote:

> [...]
> I have to role out Openssh 3.0.2 on solaris 7 (sparc) on five machines. Does
> anyone know of a site or has a package in (.tar) format so that i can
> install it. Cause after going to the solaris openssh implementation found on
> Sun's site i found i have to install many things

You can compile all the libraries once and install them on every
machine. Or you can setup a shared directory and put the libraries in
there.

> [...]
> Or does anyone know of any good document for installing it.

I closely follow the article below (written by J. Reid & K. Watson):

  http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0701/openSSH.pdf

Last note: maybe you need to issue the commands

  mkdir /var/spool/prngd
  touch /var/spool/prngd/pool

and start the random number generator "prngd" before the command

  make install

refered to in the last box in page 9 of the article.

Regards,

--
André Carezia
http://sites.uol.com.br/acarezia

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bit Twister: Is this the dhclient-exit-hooks you were talking about?
    ... you have to use your editor commands. ... Yeah I got that part figured out now. ... I alwasy install in seprate partitions and share common stuff I ... save it all to peruse at a later date, thanks bit twister. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Another question of win2000 DC to win2003
    ... - Can I run adprep /forestprep /domainprep commands only for error ... It will ofcourse give you some downtime in the upgrade phase. ... Also check that all installed hardware/software is compatible with 2003 and you have the correct drivers available BEFORE running the update, so that you quickly install them. ... install/replication, Transfer 5 FSMO, dcpromo win2000). ...
  • Re: Date format
    ... If you plan to install at any time using DOS, ... Proessionals use sql commands where ... I have a log file which is being generated daily, the format of the log file ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Re: rx2600s on eBay
    ... HP OpenVMS Industry Standard 64 Operating System, ... You can install or upgrade the OpenVMS I64 operating system ... You can also execute DCL commands and procedures to perform ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: windows media player
    ... yum --enablerepo=livna install mplayer ... I always do this with new commands. ... So, if I understand the webpage correctly, I need Fedora extras first, ... Mplayer and run the yum command script in the directory where I put the ...
    (Fedora)