Re: login bug and Solaris 9

From: Casper Dik (Casper.Dik@Sun.COM)
Date: 12/17/01

To: "Run VA" <runinva@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:53:48 +0100
From: Casper Dik <Casper.Dik@Sun.COM>

>Anyone know if Solaris 9 is affected and if so is there a patch?

There is not such thing as Solaris 9 (yet), only alpha/beta software.

Yes, it vulnerable upto but not including "Beta_Refresh".

Beta refresh is "build 50"; head -1 /etc/release should show:

                      Solaris 9 s9_50 SPARC

If the number is 50 or higher, you're safe.

We *NEVER* release patches for external beta releases; you can probably
try the S8 binary on S9 builds 49 and earlier.

Casper

Relevant Pages

  • Re: pathetic patches
    ... install the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster a couple of times ... Almost all patches gave a return status of 45 - ... After that I gave up trying to patch Solaris 10 ... follows every attempt to install Solaris 10 patches... ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Solaris downloads
    ... its as if you never existed - you have to login all over again. ... Use firefox on Solaris or even Linux to get the images. ... Because it installs with the rest of Nevada and Solaris 10 u5? ... Patch 120186-16.zip is only 273116832 bytes in size. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: patchadd on Solaris 10 fcs release
    ... I'm facing installation error for same patch with same commands ... Suggest me how to overcome this error in solaris 10 or any altarnative ... from the observation that I had patches for Studio 11 fail in Solaris ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: OT: security flaw in Solaris and Trusted Solaris
    ... >> well Andrew, VMS would have handled this a little differently ... ... The Solaris sadmin deamon is more closely comparable to VMS' ... Unless the wording in that patch is extremely clear then ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • pathetic patches
    ... I end up having to reinstall Solaris from CD every time I try to install ... install the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster a couple of times ... Almost all patches gave a return status of 45 - ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)