Openssh rollout on solaris 7

From: Stephen Pinto (stephen.pinto@paladion.net)
Date: 12/17/01

From: "Stephen Pinto" <stephen.pinto@paladion.net>
To: "Focus-Sun" <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:14:15 +0530

Hi,

I have to role out Openssh 3.0.2 on solaris 7 (sparc) on five machines. Does
anyone know of a site or has a package in (.tar) format so that i can
install it. Cause after going to the solaris openssh implementation found on
Sun's site i found i have to install many things

1) zlib
2) perl
3) openssl
4) openssh
5) prndg
DO i require to install the gcc library or comes default iwth solria 7
It becomes a pain installing step by step. I am going to install it the
first time in my lab.
Or does anyone know of any good document for installing it.

Regards
Stephen Pinto

Relevant Pages

  • Re: trojaned SSHD ?
    ... I'd recommend moving to OpenSSH, which supports both ssh1 and ssh2 ... platforms, including Solaris. ... Information relevant to the installation of SSH on NCMIR systems. ... * Install Zlib 1.1.2 libraries, compiling from source, on Solaris and IRIX ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Authentication failed suddenly
    ... I had to play the gcc re-installation game to get OpenSSH 3.4p1 to ... this is absolutely no reason to tell people to stay away from ... On both the Solaris installs I did, I built with the default privsep ... actually the 'make install' did the latter for me) - ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Fw: Re: OpenSSL/0.9.7c-p1 & OpenSSH_3.5p1
    ... which means that all known bugs in OpenSSL and OpenSSH will have been ... If you install from ports, there is a facility for you to install the ... port in such a way as to overwrite the equivalents in the base system. ... Otherwise, if you choose to upgrade to a different source branch, you ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: OpenSSH b0rked (was RE: Problems with IPFW patch)
    ... fix was the config file. ... No reboots or restarting sshd necessary. ... > Subject: RE: OpenSSH b0rked ... >> annoying install sequence - you can't define where it gets ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)