login security bug

From: James Lick (jlick@drivel.com)
Date: 12/13/01

Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:04:32 +0800 (CST)
From: James Lick <jlick@drivel.com>
To: focus-sun@securityfocus.com

For the login security bug recently announced by CERT, is there any way to
fix this currently without turning off telnet and rlogin? Much as I'd
like to take this opportunity to force everyone to use ssh, I can't. I
also don't have support so no t-patches for me.

---- James Lick ---- jlick@drivel.com ---- http://drivel.com/ ----

Relevant Pages

  • Re: login security bug
    ... > For the login security bug recently announced by CERT, ... > fix this currently without turning off telnet and rlogin? ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: irritating problem - suggestions?
    ... Got an elderley couple's PC in at the moment to fix, and it's turning ... I'd plugged in their usb printer and usb mouse, ... I know how it feels to be faced with someone who hasn't done anything right - no backups, no CDs, data in a foul tangle - who looks at you with big eyes hoping you'll be able to fix it for beer money. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Data conversion EBCDIC to ASCII
    ... OMVS to start a UNIX shell. ... telnet, rlogin, SSH to log into UNIX. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Long wait time for login prompt after rebooting (HPUX 10.20)
    ... > login prompt from other UNIX servers and Windows. ... we can ping and get a response from the server. ... We can then login using rlogin and telnet. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)