RE: IPSec

From: Ivanov, Vladimir (VIvanov@tee.toshiba.de)
Date: 12/10/01

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:00:55 +0100
From: "Ivanov, Vladimir" <VIvanov@tee.toshiba.de>
To: <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>

> Does anyone knows if it is possible to take IPSec parts from
> Solaris 8 a and
> put those to Solaris 7 ?
> Or is there any other "product" that could do this ?
> I need to secure connection between two machines.

PPP-over-SSH? Or just SSH?

> I am not looking for VPN solution.
Then, you don't need IPSec, do you? :)

--
Vladimir Ivanov
System Administrator                 E-Mail:  VIvanov@tee.toshiba.de

Relevant Pages

  • UPDATE: Site-to-Site VPN Using Solaris 9
    ... Solaris 9/10 IPsec tunnel to some other device? ... The problem comes in Phase 2 when the Solaris endpoint is telling ...
    (SunManagers)
  • SSH and IPSec Configuration on Solaris 9
    ... I understand Solaris 9 installs both SSH and IPSec. ... We are using the Full installation of Solaris 9. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • XP -> NAT -> Sol10 VPN?
    ... I think I'm pretty much toast on this setup, but I thought I'd ask anyway, ... shared filesystem from my Ultra 5 running Solaris 10 at work. ... All my attempts to set up IPSec on the XP box have failed. ... I don't have a Sun ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: IPSec between Solais 9/10 and XP
    ... >Yes, I know XP Home sucks, that's why 5/6 of my computers don't run XP. ... >40 Solaris systems, ideally over IPSec. ... This means you can't have Windows talk IPsec to Solaris 8 (which ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Problem with IKE / IPSec in solaris
    ... We are facing problems while using the IPSEC features of Solaris 9, ... The number of messages being exchanged on this TCP connection is medium ... IPSEC SAs, IKE Daemon on the respective application (local as well as ...
    (SunManagers)