RE: Tripwire Policy Settings

From: Sean@boran.com
Date: 11/25/01

From: <Sean@boran.com>
To: "'Ng Su-Hwei Nat'" <NgSHNat@ocbc.com.sg>, <focus-sun@securityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Tripwire Policy Settings
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:19:01 +0100

> Anyone used Tripwire befoe and can anyone recommend how one
> should configure
> the policy for UNIX servers ?
> And how do I prevent false alarms ?
>
> Let me konw if you have tried tripwire and good recommendations on the
> policy settings for Tripwire on UNIX servers.

An example policy file for solaris is attached.
I've added comments and examples from live systems..

Sean Boran

Relevant Pages

  • Tripwire Policy Settings
    ... Subject: Tripwire Policy Settings ... Anyone used Tripwire befoe and can anyone recommend how one should configure ... policy settings for Tripwire on UNIX servers. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: debug.exe
    ... I'd recommend looking at policy settings. ... system file, you want to disable access via policy rather than trying to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Tripwire Policy Settings
    ... > Subject: Tripwire Policy Settings ... > Anyone used Tripwire befoe and can anyone recommend how one ... > Let me konw if you have tried tripwire and good recommendations on the> policy settings for Tripwire on UNIX servers. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: tripwire
    ... > Can someone recommend a program like tripwire for 5.2.1-RC2 FreeBSD? ... Tripwire 1.2 seem to work. ... Articles based on solutions that I use: ...
    (freebsd-questions)